There are some specific features that you’ll need to look for whenever you go to purchase trading laptop computers. This is because you’ll want to be able to keep up with the day trading systems. Therefore, not just any old computer will work.
Here is what you’ll need to have in your trading computer systems:
1. Trading laptop computers need to have a lot of speed and power since you’ll be running multiple programs at the same time. Of course, you’ll also be constantly scanning the markets for trading setups and you don’t want to lag behind here.
2. Take the video card into consideration. Since you’ll be watching 3 or more trading monitors all at the same time, your computer will need to be able to handle multiple monitors.
3. Make sure that you’re always running the latest computer processors so that you have optimum power. The more powerful your trading laptop computers are, the more markets and charts you’ll be able to handle all at once.
4. Trading laptop computers need to offer redundancy. Herein you’ll want dual hard disk drives so that if one crashes, the other is still there working. Likewise, you should have 2 LAN ports in case one should happen to go bad.
5. You’ll need a Twin WAN router so that you can hook up both cable and DSL Internet services. This way if one should happen to stop working, your computer will automatically switch over to the other one. Whenever they’re working together you’ll have the equivalent of a T1 line.
6. Make sure that your computer isn’t too noisy since you’ll need to be able to concentrate. For this reason, you should get a triple layer computer case that’s able to block out noise and vibration. It’s also a good idea to purchase a computer that won’t need fans to keep both the motherboard and video card cool.